MS IN GERMANY
Germany is the third most popular destination among international students in the world. More than twelve percent of students at German universities come from abroad.
Germany is an attractive place to study and German university degrees are highly respected by employers worldwide.
Also, students normally don’t have to pay tuition fees at German universities, and if so, the fees are very low. Its master programme fee is not as high as in other countries like say in the UK.
Also, some of its top universities like WHU Beisham, EBS school of Management, Mannheim Business Schools are ranked among top 100 B-schools in the world as per FT MiM rankings which makes Germany attractive place to study. You can check out current rankings here.
Cost of Living
Monthly housing costs vary between €320 and €545. Options vary from single rooms to apartments. Average monthly food expenses are around €150. For more information on additional costs of living.
Student Visa for Germany
If you want to stay in Germany to seek work after your degree, then international students with a residence permit can extend it to stay in Germany and seek work for up to 18 months after graduating, as long as the job is related to their field of study. Graduates from EU/EEA countries can stay on to seek work without any restrictions or permits.
After 2 years of employment in Germany, it is possible to apply for permanent residency status.
Work while studying
This is 120 full days each year or 240 half days Students from the EU can work for up to 20 hours per week without the need for a work permit.
Want to know your chances at Top German Schools?
Get Your Profile Evaluated Now!
Scholarships to Study in Germany
Government-funded scholarships to study in Germany
- Erasmus+ – The largest provider of scholarships for study in the EU, Erasmus+ is led by the European Commission, funding international students to study in Europe. It provides grants for living costs when participating in an exchange program to study in Europe
Non-Government funded scholarships to study in Germany
- Deutschland Stipendium– Merit-based scholarships of €300 a month are available to highly talented students enrolled at German universities. Nationality and personal income do not affect your chances of being considered.
- The Helmholtz Association– Annual fellowships are available for doctoral and postdoctoral students from around the world, giving them the opportunity to do paid research at a Helmholtz center.
- HHL International MSc Scholarship for Effective and Responsible Leadership – Scholarship opportunities to study management at the master’s level at HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management.
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management Doctoral Tuition Waivers – 10 tuition waiver scholarships for doctoral students studying an English-language program at Frankfurt within finance, accounting, mathematics and business administration to name a few.
Placement statistics of the Top German B-Schools
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- Average starting salary: EUR 61,000
- Employment rate 3 months after graduation: 95%
- Mean starting salary: EUR 61,629
- Employment rate 3 months after graduation: 85%
WHU Master in Management
Students also receive weekly newsletters with information on job & internship opportunities, alumni network, corporate connections etc. 95% of the students found job opportunities within 3 months of graduation.
Some corporate connections include McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Goldman Sachs, Accenture, Morgan Stanley, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
- Average Salary (Weighted): Eur 88,391
- Employment rate 3 months after graduation: 98%
Here is the Full list of Top MiM Courses in Germany
Want to Know How We Can Help to take Your MS Application to Next Level?