Best Countries to Study Abroad
Benefits of Studying Abroad
Studying abroad is a very important decision which has to be seriously pondered upon before a decision is made. To make it easier for the students out there, the following is a list of reasons why students should consider studying abroad.
- Travelling opportunity – There are the elites who could afford to travel abroad for the purpose of vacation. However, everyone is not financially stable enough to do so. Travelling helps students experience different cultures, and help increase one’s world view.
- Wider Options – If living in a well-developed country, students have a wider variety of options they can choose from when it comes to pursuing higher education. However, not all nations are there yet when it comes to a world-class education. Considering international locations increases the number of options that one can apply for their next step.
- Meet Diverse cultures – There are many schools out there with programs especially designed to accommodate international students. If you plan on studying in one of these universities, not only will you be travelling to a new country, but will also be meeting students from all over the world.
- New Language Skills – Most universities around the world, especially the ones in a non-English speaking country, have programs in English to accommodate foreign students. However, travelling to a non-English speaking country is a great opportunity to learn a new language and work on improving your English too. It is an important skill which also looks good on a resume.
- Find New Hobbies – There are many hobbies that one can pursue no matter where they live. Stamp collection, sketching and playing a musical instrument are some of the common ones. However, there are hobbies which are very specific to a certain country. Skiing and mountain climbing are types of hobbies which can only be pursued in specific countries. Travelling abroad can help you realise the interest in a hobby you were not aware of before.
- Strong friendships – Feeling homesick is a very common aspect of going to college. This is only amplified for students who travel abroad for education. The friends that you make during this time will be the only support you have in a foreign nation. These friends end up being more like a family to you.
- Personal Development – It has been said that the best way to develop one’s character is to put themselves outside their comfort zone. Travelling abroad is as far as one can go when it comes to putting themselves outside the comfort zone. It helps build character, learn life skills and create overall confidence.
- Job opportunities – Many countries out there, especially the well-developed ones, are surprisingly low on professionals to work in their hospitals and industries. This opens a good market for international students who plan on working in the country once they are done with their education.
- Lifetime Opportunity – Studying abroad is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It is a journey full of great experiences and advantages.
Want to know which college to target as per your profile?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!
List of Best Countries to Study Abroad
Though there are many countries in the world with great universities and even better programs, few of them have made it to the top of the list due to their education regulations and focus on providing the students with real-life applicable education. Following are the top countries for your consideration for pursuing further studies.
Great polymaths like Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo found their artistic calling here. The country is known for having some of the advanced arts and architect programs which seems obvious when you think about all the art that Italy is home to. the country is also known for some great business schools.
Some of the famous universities in Italy are the University of Bologna, the University of Padua and the University of Milan to name a few.
Spain would be a great destination to study for students planning to pursue management programs, especially the Master in Business Administration. Universities like the University of Barcelona, University of Valencia, University of Salamanca and many more are some of the prestigious institutes that students can opt for. Spain, as being one of the central countries in Europe, is a great place from where one can travel to different countries.
There are many institutes in England which are well known all around the world and many of them have been ranking number one on various lists. Some of these schools include the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, University College London, Kings College London and Imperial College London. The schools are known for their business and science faculties. In fact, Sir Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawking held the same faculty position at the University of Cambridge.
It is obvious that the country would be famous for its universities offering art and architecture programs as the entire country is full of beautiful specimens. Hotel management programs and chef degrees are also one of the best. Sorbonne University, Pantheon university, University of Paris and Paris Diderot University are some of the well-known institutes in France. The HEC Paris and ESSEC Business School are known for their MBA programs all over the world.
The universities in Germany are known for being one of the oldest. They have been able to create a very well-developed education program, built on old tradition but evolved along the years to help develop sound professionals. In fact, Germany has been one of the fore-runners who made important changes in the European education system.
Another advantage of studying in Germany is low tuition fees. The German government have taken it upon themselves to fund all public universities in order to keep tuition for students low.
Most of the school in the country are fairly new, only about 40 years old. However, since it was a colonial country, there are universities established in Australia in the year 1800s. There are only a few of them still standing, and they make up what is known as Sandstone Universities.
Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland are the main cities which house most of the prestigious universities in Australia. The University of Sydney, University of Melbourne, University of Queensland and Griffith College are some of the institutes, favoured by foreign students.
There are only a few universities in the country, and they are named after the prominent city that they are based in. The University of Tokyo, Kyoto University and Osaka University are the most sought after schools in Japan. Though all of their programs have well-developed curriculum, the technology, engineering, architecture and robotics related courses are the most coveted ones. Though the vibrant and heavily traditional culture is intoxicating, students get disheartened from travelling their due to the language gap.
As one of the leading technologically advanced countries, they are known for good technical courses. However, they also have established themselves to have a very advanced course in fields like art, architecture, business and management. Some of the top universities in China are Tsinghua University, Peking University, Fudan University and Shanghai Jiao Tong University, to name a few.
Studying in China is a great learning opportunity for students. As one of the largest growing economies, which would soon leave everyone else behind, learning their language and understanding how they do business is an important skill set to keep in your tool belt.
The countries education system has seen much change in the last decade or so. 10 years back there was no way this name would be brought up while discussing quality education, but today Argentina has established itself as a hub of knowledge. Buenos Aires and Sao Paolo are the two main cities where most of the universities are established. Some of the famous schools in the country are the University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Institute of Technology and the University of Argentina.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Pick up any world ranking list of top colleges and like clockwork, every one of these lists will have a college, or even more than one, in the top ten ranks from the USA. There are many reasons for the success of these schools. It is mainly due to a well-structured program and a practical and well-trained faculty. There is a well-known university for every field of study in the USA. May it be technical, business or arts, the United States will have a university to teach it.
Some of the famous schools in the country are Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Harvard University, Princeton University and the list goes on and on.
You Might Also Like