MS in Data Science in Canada
All organisations and businesses collected immense amounts of data in the course of the time that they have existed and function. As the digital age took over the world, the data storage became larger which in turn increased the number of data that businesses collected. Studying this data can help give important insight into many aspects like market trends, consumer satisfaction, production efficiency etc.
Living in Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Toronto, Ontario
- Victoria, British Columbia
- Calgary, Alberta
- Hamilton – Burlington, Ontario
Following is a breakdown of the monthly expenditures that one may encounter while living in Canada
- A meal in a Restaurant – 15 C$
- Groceries – 70 C$
- Transportation (monthly pass) – 95 C$
- Basic Utilities (electricity, heating/cooling, water) – 148.13 C$
- Internet – 74.22 C$
- Sports and Gym – 48.16 C$
- Apartment rent (1 bedroom) – 1,226 C$
- Apartment rent (3 bedrooms) – 1,979.26 C$
Student Visa for Canada
In order to travel to any foreign nation to pursue an education student must first gain permission in the form of a student permit. Canada, in comparison to all the other famous student destinations, has one of the most lenient visa processes. It all starts with the student applying to a course of their choice at a university. Once accepted, the school will send an acceptance letter which can help start the process.
- Valid passport – the validity of the passport must post-date the duration of the course that the student is planning to attend
- Proof of Acceptance – the letter of acceptance received from the school should be produced
- Proof of funds – the students must provide proof of financial support for the duration of stay in the country. The authorities require for the students to have minimum 10,000 C$ for every year of their stay
- Passport Size Photographs
- Immigration Medical Examination – conducted by a doctor recommended by the visa authorities
- Marksheets of exams – standardized tests (GMAT, GRE) and English language proficiency (IELTS, TOFEL)
- Statement of purpose – a letter, containing the purpose of pursuing the course and future plans in respect to employment and goals, must be submitted to the authorities.
Along with permission to study in Canada, the study permit allows students to have part-time jobs if mentioned in their study permit. The student is allowed to work 20 hours per week when the school is in session and full-time during breaks. It is a great way to support oneself financially and amass work experience.
Stay in Canada after Graduation
Canada, as a developed nation, is a job-creating nation. Many students who travel to the country plan on staying back and pursuing a career. The government has many options for students planning to work in Canada. The first step that students need to take is applying for a Post-Graduate Work Permit. To be eligible for a PGWP, one must have
- Completed a study program in Canada at least 8 months long
- Maintained full-time student status
- Graduate from a designated learning institute (DLI) in Canada
The application would require an official letter of completion form your school and official transcripts of your course. Having worked in the country for a year or more and gaining good work experience, students can apply for a permanent residence which will eventually lead to a permanent job
Want to know which college is the best fit for you to do a Ms in Data Science?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!
MS in Data Science courses in Canada
Canada has many MS in Data Science programs to offer to their students. Following is a list of some of the top schools offering the MS in Data Science courses :
The University of British Columbia – Master of Data Science
University of Waterloo – Master of Mathematics in Computer Science-Data Science
Known as Waterloo College Associate Faculties. When first established in 1956, the school took its current name in the year 1959. The school is situated in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and has a student population of 36,000.
Carleton University – Master of Computer Science-Data Science
Established as a public comprehensive university, the school east established in 1942 in the city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Earlier established as Carleton College for world war 2 veterans, the school today houses 30,000 students and a staff of 4,000.
Want to Know How We Can Help to take Your Masters in Data Science Application to Next Level?