University of Virginia: Darden
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
University of Virginia: Darden MBA Overview
Inspiring responsible business leaders for uncertain, unprecedented times. Darden MBAs dive headfirst into a rigorous core curriculum, matched only in its intensity by its career rewards. Through the case method, students learn by doing day in and day out — a Darden-specific approach that’s earned plenty of decoration along the way, including being named the best business education experience in the U.S. by The Economist. Nine years in a row.
University of Virginia : Darden MBA Highlights
Global Immersion Courses
|QS World Rankings ’20||24|
Want to know your chances at University Of Virginia : Darden ?
Program and Curriculum
Darden’s core curriculum is designed to give students breadth in academics through exposure to business fundamentals, while allowing students time for career discovery and further developing a global mindset. Students work with their learning team in their First Year section throughout the core. Through this construct, students build relationships with their peers, sharpen their communication and leadership skills and challenge each other in a collaborative environment.
- Core Courses
- Area Focused Electives
- Industry Focused Electives
- Career Track Concentrations
- Theme Track Concentrations
The University offers a diverse selection of over 100 electives from the following areas
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Global Economies & Markets
Technology Operations Management
Darden offers courses, resources and contacts for several areas outside of the core business curriculum.
Media, Entertainment & Sports
Retail & Luxury Goods
• Asset Management/Sales & Trading
• Corporate Finance/Investment Banking
• Strategy Consulting
• Supply Chain Management
Business Development and Growth
Innovation for Sustainability
Darden builds leaders at every level from the bullpen to the C-suite. Throughout the year, the industry’s top companies shake hands with some of the world’s most enterprising young minds eager to add real-time value in real-world capacities everywhere from the Fortune 500 to the early stage startup.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
Companies recruiting from University of Virginia : Darden MBA
- McKinsey & Co.
- Boston Consulting Group
- Bain & Co.
- JP Morgan
- Credit Suisse
- Citi Group
- Deutsche Bank
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $31,808|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $9800|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||5.2 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
University of Virginia : Darden Alumni Info
17,000 strong and 90 countries wide, Darden graduates are privy to an alumni network as enriching as it is close-knit. Alumni stay tapped in to the latest on Grounds and off, creating experiences that triple as career boosters, fundraisers and first coffees.
Some Famous Alumni
- Fernando Merce- President and CEO, Nestlé Waters North America
- Vivian Yu – Director of Urban Mobility, General Motors China
- E. Mitchell Norville – Founder, Atlantic South Development Inc.
Darden MBA : Class Profile
- International applicants are required to hold a 4-year college or university degree. Darden will also recognize undergraduate degrees that were earned in only three years of study.
- Candidates who received their bachelor’s degree from a university where the medium of instruction was not English are required to take an English language assessment test.
Darden MBA Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Early Action 2 September 2020|
|Round 1 5 October 2020|
|Round 2 4 January 2021|
|Round 3 7 April 2021|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fees for direct application is $250
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT or GRE official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report TOEFL or IELTS or PTE is deemed mandatory for students whose first language is other than English.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
- All students are expected to attend interview sessions based on their availability through skype or on the campus.
The application process features 4 short answer questions.
Please provide an example of a situation in which you have made a meaningful impact. (200 words)
Diversity stands with ethics, integrity, and academic excellence, as a cornerstone of University culture. The University promotes an inclusive and welcoming environment that embraces the full spectrum of human attributes, perspectives, and disciplines. When people of different backgrounds come together, they exchange ideas, question assumptions (including their own), and broaden the horizons for us all. A University of Virginia community rich in diversity affords every member equal respect and provides a forum for understanding our differences as well as our commonalities.
Share a time in which you engaged with a perspective, identity, community, or experience that was different from your own and how it impacted your worldview. (200 words)
Tell us what you would want your learning team to know about you – personal, professional or both. (100 words)
What is your short-term, post-MBA career goal and why? (150 words)
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services