DARDEN MBA Review
Inspiring responsible business leaders for uncertain, unprecedented times. Darden MBAs dive headfirst into a rigorous core curriculum, matched only in its intensity by its career rewards. Through the case method, students learn by doing day in and day out — a Darden-specific approach that’s earned plenty of decoration along the way, including being named the best business education experience in the U.S. by The Economist. Nine years in a row.
Applying for MBA at DARDEN ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
DARDEN MBA Introduction MBA Introduction
DARDEN MBA Class Profile
The diversity of the members of the Darden School of Business community is evidenced by the varied backgrounds of its students, faculty, and alumni. Due to the nature of the program, which is highly participatory, the school actively recruits and supports a multiethnic group of individuals.
The goal of The Darden School is to improve the world by developing and educating leaders who are capable of addressing the challenges of today’s complex global marketplace.
Average Work Ex
DARDEN MBA Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate for the MBA program at Darden is 26%. This is considered a very high acceptance rate for a program that accepts only a limited number of students.Here are some of the elements that will help you stand out from the crowd when it comes to applying to the school of business.
- One of the most important factors that you can do is to start your application early.
- Before you start, make sure that you have enough time to think about what you’re interested in and how it will benefit you.
- Having a genuine excitement about attending a university can help you stand out from the crowd.
Program and Curriculum of DARDEN MBA
- Leadership Communication
- Global Economies and Markets
- Financial Management and Policies
- Accounting for Managers
- Operations Management
- Leading Oorganizations
- Decision Analysis
- Business Ethics
- Strategic thinking and Action
Area Focused Electives
The University offers a diverse selection of over 100 electives from the following areas
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Global Economies & Markets
- Leading Organizations
- Quantitative Analysis
- Technology Operations Management
Industry Focused Electives
Darden offers courses, resources and contacts for several areas outside of the core business curriculum.
- Media, Entertainment & Sports
- Real Estate
- Retail & Luxury Goods
- Social Enterprise
Career Track Concentrations
- Asset Management/Sales & Trading
- Corporate Finance/Investment Banking
- Strategy Consulting
- Supply Chain Management
Theme Track Concentrations
- Corporate Innovation
- Business Analytics
- Business Development and Growth
- Innovation for Sustainability
- Global Business
Job Function Clubs
- Consulting Club
- Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital
- Finance Club
- General Management & Operations Club
- Marketing Club
- Darden Capital Management
- Darden Technology Club
- Education Club
- Energy Club
- FinTech Club
- Healthcare Club
- Private Equity Club
- Real Estate Club
- Retail and Luxury Goods Club
- Sports and Entertainment Club
- Adam Smith Society
- Business Ethics at Darden
- Business Innovation & Design (DBID)
- Business & Public Policy Club
- JD/MBA Society
- Net Impact
- Turnaround & Restructuring Club
Top Companies for Internships for the Full-Time MBA
- BCG The Boston Consulting Group
- Bain and Company
- McKinsey and Company
A 100% of the freshmen became the recipient of summer internships in the year 2019-2020.
Eligibility and Requirements for getting into DARDEN MBA (How to get into DARDEN MBA)
International applicants are required to hold a 4-year college or university degree. Darden will also recognize undergraduate degrees that were earned in only three years of study.
Candidates who received their bachelor’s degree from a university where the medium of instruction was not English are required to take an English language assessment test.
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT or GRE official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report TOEFL or IELTS or PTE is deemed mandatory for students whose first language is other than English.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
- All students are expected to attend interview sessions based on their availability through skype or on the campus.
DARDEN MBA Deadlines
The Early Action round is different from other rounds in that it offers a limited number of interview slots. It’s also recommended for candidates who are firm about Darden as a choice of school to apply early. They also offer a non-binding option.
Before you start working on your application, make sure that you have a clear target deadline. This will help you plan and execute your strategy.
|Early Action||9 September 2021|
|Round 1||6 October 2021|
|Round 2||5 January 2022|
|Round 3||6 April 2022|
DARDEN MBA Employment
The Class of 2021 experienced a resilient job market during the course of their studies due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic. Despite the challenges, the top career choice for graduates was consulting, while finance and technology continued to be popular industries. Around 97% students received a job offer by 3 months post-graduation.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Companies recruiting from DARDEN MBA
- FTZ Fund
- Kuwait Investment Fund
- Partners Group
- Roland Berger
DARDEN MBA Alumni info
Graduates of the prestigious Darden School of Business can now join the network of over 17,000 alumni from over 90 countries. The School’s tight-knit community features faculty, staff, and corporate partners, who help each other succeed. It enables people to learn what it’s like to work and grow together.
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for DARDEN MBA
Following are this year’s questions:
Tell us what you would want your Learning Team to know about you that is not on your resume. (150 words)
What is your short-term, post-MBA goal and how does it align with the long-term vision you have for your career? (200 words)
Leadership and Impact and question- You will be asked to choose one of two prompts when responding to the questions and leadership questions. You must respond to one (200 words)
Tell us about a time when you worked with a team to solve a problem or seize an opportunity. What role did you play? What did you learn from this experience? OR
Tell us about a time when you acted to solve a problem for the greater good. What drew you to this issue? What did you learn from this experience?
Diversity and Inclusion question– You should respond to one (200 words).
Share a time when you learned something related to diversity, equity or inclusion that was previously unknown to you? How did this experience impact your perspective? OR
Share a time when you advocated for a perspective, identity, or community different from your own. How did this experience impact your worldview?
Letter of Recommendation for ESADE Business School MBA
One recommendation is required as part of the application process. However, candidates may also include a second recommendation if they wish. This additional recommendation should be able to provide new insight into your candidacy.
A good recommender should be someone who knows you well and has observed and worked with you in a professional setting. They should also be able to provide insight into your potential as a leader with anecdotes and examples.
Your recommenders will evaluate you based on a set of competencies and short answer questions-
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization.
- How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
Interview Questions for DARDEN MBA
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Why an MBA? Why Darden?
- What Are Your Short and Long Term Goals?
- Tell Me About Your Company and Your Role There
- What is Your Leadership Style and How Do You Apply it?
- What Clubs or Activities Would You Join at UVA?
- What do You do Outside of Work? What Community Activities do You Participate In?
- UVA Uses the Case Study Method. How do you See Yourself in that Environment and How Would You Learn and Contribute to it?
- How Would Your Colleagues Describe You?
- Tell Me About Your Childhood and College Experiences
- Questions for the Interviewer
What makes DARDEN MBA Unique?
- Active participation in Student organizations are supported and encouraged by the Office of Student Affairs. The Club Prize for Excellence also promotes student involvement.
- The program allows students to get out of the classroom and experience real companies. It also features unique experiential opportunities.
- Merit-based scholarships are available to international students. They can also apply in the first round. To be considered, students must first submit an application.
- The 1997 Tax Relief Act provides graduate students with various tax benefits when it comes to paying for their education. Some of these include the Lifetime Learning Credit and the ability to deduct interest payments on their student loans.
- Students who received their undergraduate degree in a university that had a medium of instruction is English are not required to take a language assessment test.
- The Love is …” event is carried out each year to celebrate the diversity of the LGBTQ community at Darden to promote inclusion in the workplace. The simple message of this event is that all relationships are equal.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Names of the MBA formats offered by Darden?
- Full-Time MBA
- Part-Time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Global Executive MBA
A person holding an MBA degree can pursue another MBA degree at Darden?
The School of Business does not accept students who have previously completed an MBA program from an AACSB accredited institution. To check if a school is accredited by the Association for College and Business Schools, visit the AACSB website.
Can I simultaneously work while enrolled in the full time MBA?
The program is a full-time format. Students attend classes and have a variety of learning team meetings. This schedule does not allow them to work part-time. If you are looking for a more flexible option, consider the Executive MBA Formats offered by Darden.
Opportunities offered at the Global level?
The School of International Studies connects with over 80 countries each year through various academic programs and visits. Students are encouraged to have at least one international experience during their time at the school.
Are there any organisations for the minorities at Darden?
- Visit our Diversity web page.
- Review the Consortium Application Process page
- Visit Women at Darden
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services