University of Melbourne MBA Review
Students across the world come to University of Melbourne MBA programme because they seek a rigorous and practical experience in the heart of Australia’s most lively metropolis.
The world’s top minds often come to Melbourne Business School (MBS) in order to learn the skills and attitudes they’ll need to be tomorrow’s leaders.
The University of Melbourne’s business and economics graduate school is co-owned by the business community and the university. Its executives are accountable to an independent board of directors comprised of prominent CEOs and academics from around the world.
The Financial Times and The Economist put their degree programmes and short courses among the best in the world, according to AACSB and EFMD (EQUIS) accreditation. The school is led by a group of CEOs from major national and international corporations who ensure that what they do is relevant to business demands.
It also comprises top academics with expertise at some of the world’s most outstanding business schools, who guarantee that what they teach in the classroom is based on the most up-to-date research and evidence.
Melbourne educates its students about the demands and challenges of being a corporate leader by teaching them to excel as individuals and work well in teams.
During their studies, students also participate in industry placements with firms such as L’Oreal and Jetstar, where they learn how to apply classroom knowledge and theory to real-world projects that produce outcomes.
University of Melbourne MBA and analytics programmes are recognised among the best in Australia and the globe. Prominent professors teach them from Yale, Stanford, and INSEAD, which teach significantly smaller classes than their international counterparts.
The program teaches the best business theory and makes sure that its students understand how to apply it in the actual world. As a result, they arrive ready to make the most of the people and possibilities available to them. Their extensive internship programme provides you with access to Australia’s best MBA and analytics students, allowing you to “test drive” future hires while also gaining a fresh perspective on your company’s difficulties.
The school may also help you develop a customised recruitment strategy that includes on-campus information sessions, job advertisements, and annual events like MBA and Master of Business Analytics Careers Month. The majority of their students are already industry leaders. They learn how to work effectively throughout an entire organisation at Melbourne Business School by honing abilities in leadership, communication, teamwork, critical thinking, and change management.
Coaches cover all of the actions students will need to take to acquire a job in one-on-one training sessions, building a plan for what each MBA wants to achieve by the conclusion of their degree and sketching out a path to get there.
Along with this one-on-one assistance, MBA students take core career classes that help them prepare for the job market by providing counsel and support and opportunities to gain real-world experience.
Students begin this path in the Personal Effectiveness Program, where they learn soft skills, including CV writing, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and networking and interviewing techniques.
In addition, the incoming class of 2022 will participate in an immersive business experience, an eight to ten-week programme in which students will engage in teams within Australian businesses to address specific business problems.
University of Melbourne MBA Class Profile
In total, 23 nationalities are represented, with up to 30 languages spoken, adding to the batch’s diversity. The average GMAT score is 965, and the average age is 30.
The cohort has an average of 5.6 years of work experience. Financial services accounted for 21% of employment experience, while energy and resources accounted for 17%.
Average Work Ex
Program and Curriculum of Melbourne business school MBA
At University of Melbourne MBA each week, the curriculum requires roughly 40 contact hours. Students must complete three core modules, each with four subjects. There is also a block of elective modules.
- Data Analysis
- Managerial ethics and the Business Environment
- Business Strategy
- Business in Complex Environments (Capstone)
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Managing people
- Innovation Bootcamp
As part of the programme, students will choose six elective subjects out of the below-listed ones:
- Brand Management
- Business Analytics
- Game Theory for Business Strategy
- Business Law
- Implementation of strategy
- Leadership and Change
- Managerial Judgement
- Managerial project
- Corporate Strategy
- Financial Analysis and valuation
- Financial Institution
- Fintech: Blockchain in the new economy
- Consumer Behaviour
- Managing Diversity in the workplace
- Marketing communication
- Marketing research
- Marketing strategy
- Product management
- Supply chain management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance
By studying part of your MBA in another country, you can expand your global network beyond the diversity found in the Melbourne Business School classroom.
With a global network of business school partners, Malbourne can offer distinctive MBA programmes in 23 countries.
The school offers a variety of scholarships to help you fund your studies at Melbourne Business School. Their scholarships promote diversity, create opportunities, and recognise achievement.
When you apply for some scholarships, you will be automatically considered, but you must apply by a specific deadline for others.
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into Melbourne Business School MBA
Entry to this programme is highly competitive, and fulfilling the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. Below are the requirements for admission into University of Melbourne MBA Program:
- A strong GMAT or GRE score – previous students have averaged a GMAT score of 695 or higher.
- A current CV with at least two (2) years of professional experience is required.
- Official transcript (including any postgraduate transcripts)
- Proof of citizenship and residency (passport, birth certificate, visa)
- A strong command of English, including a copy of your IELTS or TOEFL scores if you are a non-native speaker.
- Four personal remarks about your objectives and how you can help the programme.
- Two professional referees’ names and contact information
- An excellent GMAT/GRE score
- A college diploma
- Work experience of two years
- Two professional referees who will remain confidential
- Proficiency in English
University of Melbourne MBA Deadlines
Deadlines for University of Melbourne MBA intake are listed below:
|Early round||30 September
|Round 1||30 November
|Round 2||30 January
|Round 3||31 March
|Round 4||31 May
|Round 5||31 June
Melbourne business school MBA Employment/Placement
MBA graduates from MBS (Melbourne Business School) are landing positions at prominent global firms like Microsoft and Accenture, with 95% of students accepting offers within three months of graduation.
The school’s highly ranked careers centre, which has helped graduates get roles with world-renowned firms like Microsoft and Accenture and local organisations like Innovior, is one of the driving elements behind this success.
Average Starting Salary
Top sectors hiring from University of Melbourne MBA
- ANZ Banking Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Westpac Banking Corp
- Telstra Corporation Ltd
- JP Morgan
- HSBC Global Asset Management
- Bain & Company
- L.E.K. Consulting
- A.T. Kearney
- Mckinsey & Company
Melbourne Business School Alumni Info
More than 10,000 alumni from over 80 countries make up the Melbourne Business School alumni network, which is both talented and influential.
This genuinely worldwide network of leaders may open doors, provide guidance, and make a difference in your professional life. To get the most out of your community, stay in touch with your peers and other alumni.
With over 10,000 alumni worldwide, you’ll never be too far away from friendly support and assistance, no matter where your profession takes you. You can keep in touch with people who share your ambition to achieve while also helping to improve the world to get the most out of your career investment.
Some Famous Alumni
- Brent Chapman, Founder, Majordomo
- Katie Lahey, Former Chief Executive, Business Council of Australia
- Michael, Phelan, CPO, Australian Federal Police
- Ahmed Fahour, CEO, Australia Post
- Christine Kilpatrick, Cheif Executive Officer, Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essays for Melbourne Business School MBA
Essay Question 1: What are your long term career goals? (max 250 – 300 words)
Essay Question 2: What is unique about your background and experience that you would bring to your classmates at University of Melbourne MBA (max 250 – 300 words)
Essay Question 3: What gaps in your knowledge or skills do you hope that this program will help you to work on? (max 250 – 300 words)
Essay Question 4: Describe a workplace situation where you had a responsibility for managing people. Reflect on what you learned. (max 250 – 300 words)
Letters of recommendation for Melbourne Business School MBA
- How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate? (No word limit)
- If this is a work-related reference, in what position is/was the candidate employed and for how long? (No word limit)
- What do you consider to be the candidate’s principal strengths/talents? (No word limit)
- What do you consider to be the candidate’s weaknesses or areas that need improvement? (No word limit).
Interview Questions for Melbourne Business School
Q. What can you tell me about yourself?
Q.Could you please walk me through your resume?
Q.Why pursue an MBA? Why did you choose University of Melbourne MBA?
Q.Why an MBA now or at this point in your career?
Q.What are your immediate and long-term objectives?
Q.What is your backup plan if consulting/investment banking does not pan out?
Q.What are your main assets? Could you please provide some examples?
Q.What is your most significant flaw? Could you please provide some examples?
Q.What value can you bring to the class?
Q.Why should we bother you?
Q.Is there a reason why we shouldn’t choose you?
Q.Which destination, if you had to choose one, would you choose and why?
Q.Why did you choose Singapore?
Q.Why not China, for example? If it were China, what would be the comparative advantages?
Q.When you were working with your clients, what was the most exciting event?
Q.What do you like to do when you have free time?
What makes Melbourne Business School unique?
- It is noted for its international student body and linkages to the Asia-Pacific business sector, having been founded in 1955. For those interested in gaining foreign job experience, the Melbourne Business School offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- In the 2021 QS, World University Rankings by Subject, the University of Melbourne is placed first in Australia and 26th internationally for business and management.
- The QS Global MBA Rankings 2019, which assesses the strength of MBA programmes by examining student employability, entrepreneurship and alumni outcomes, return on investment, thought leadership, class and faculty diversity, has MBS’ MBA ranked among the Top 30.
- Its unrivalled position in one of the world’s most liveable and business-friendly cities immerses students in a lively multicultural community and an advanced economy with easy access to developing Asian markets.
- Furthermore, the University of Melbourne MBA is a rigorous programme designed to help students reach their full potential and make a significant contribution to their careers.
- You’ll gain business knowledge while developing an adaptive mindset, establishing resilience, and forming a close network of inspiring and encouraging international peers.
- The Business in Asia courses, the international exchange requirement, and the ability to finish a dual degree such as a Full-Time MBA/Master of Marketing are distinctive features of Melbourne’s MBA programme.
- Combining the Full-Time MBA with the Master of Marketing programme gives you the industry-specific abilities to become a competent marketer with well-rounded business skills, expanded career opportunities, and a route to c-suite success.
- This priceless collection of tools and information can pave the path for your next big professional move. Melbourne MBA graduates’ success stories speak for themselves.
- MBS offers a network of nearly 10,000 graduates in 95 countries who all understand the meaning of business excellence. This network provides students with unique access to job possibilities and counselling.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What is the normal acceptance rate for the University of Melbourne MBA?
The percentage for the full-time programme is 60%. However, most of the informal screening process that occurs before an application is submitted is not taken into account.
What makes Melbourne Business School so well-known?
It is noted for its international student body and linkages to the Asia-Pacific business sector, having been founded in 1955. For those interested in gaining foreign job experience, the Melbourne Business School offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
Is Melbourne Business School a reputable institution?
The Economist has named Melbourne Business School’s MBA programme the finest in Australia and one of the top ten in the world for networking.
Is an MBA in Australia worthwhile?
According to MBA News Australia, the MBA market in Australia is valued at $500 million, with 20,000 students enrolled in over 30 Australian schools. In Australia, the typical MBA programme costs around A$47,500.
What is the minimum GMAT score for University of Melbourne MBA?
The minimum GMAT score necessary for admission to Australian MBA programmes is 550. A 600+ score, on the other hand, is thought to be competitive. The average GMAT score for the MBA Class of 2019 at Melbourne Business School was 695.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services