Schulich School of Business
Schulich MBA Overview
Global, innovative and diverse, the Schulich School of Business is rated among the world’s leading business schools. With cutting-edge specializations, groundbreaking programs and unique flexibility of programs, Schulich provides a curriculum that moulds and shapes leaders for the future who would encapsulate the spirit of globalisation and sustainable business practices.
Schulich MBA Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’20||101|
Want to know your chances at Schulich?
Program and Curriculum
The Schulich MBA combines classroom learning of fundamental and advanced management concepts with real-world experience and provides students with specialized knowledge and leadership skills they need to gain a competitive advantage. With their flexible program requirements, students can take up various specializations and take courses as per their own needs, requirements and unique career goals.
- Arts, Media & Entertainment Management
- Business & Sustainability
- Business Consulting
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial services
- Global Mining Management
- Global Retail Management
- Health Industry Management
- International Business
- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Organization studies
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Social Sector Management
- Strategic Management
- Financial Accounting for Managers
- Management Accounting
- The Economic Environment of Business
- Managerial Finance
- Skills for Leadership
- Marketing Management
- Managing for Value Creation
- Information systems
- Quantitative Methods
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Strategy Field Study Formation
- Organizational Behaviour
- Heather L. Main Scholarship (Women in Capital Markets)
- Scotiabank Scholarship in International Business
- Harry Steele Entrance Award
- Lawrence Bloomberg Entrance Award
- Mira & Bhabani Charan Pattanaik Award for Excellence in Finance
- Allen T. Lambert Scholarship
- Strategy Field Study
- International Field Study
Students of the Schulich MBA Program get access to their Career Development Centre (CDC). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CDC offers a wealth of innovative resources, individualized mentoring and coaching to help advance student’s career. Students can meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events, and receive online access to the very best career tools available.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
Companies recruiting from Schulich
- Deloitte Consulting
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Morgan Stanley Canada
- Brevitas Consulting Inc.
- Asian Development Bank
- Bank of Canada
- British Columbia Investment
- Graham Capital Partners LP
- National Bank of Canada
- American Express
- Hyundai Capital Canada
- IBM Canada Ltd
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+$20,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||-$11,200|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||4.9 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Schulich MBA Alumni Info
Schulich School of Busines has an expansive network of 31,000+ alumni spanning across 90 countries in the world. There are 90+ alumni chapters of Schulich where Alumni enjoy various benefits and attend events and workshops and connect with current students as mentors and alumni guides.
Some Famous Alumni
- Bharat Masrani (Group President and CEO of TD Bank Group)
- Richard E. Waugh (President and CEO of Scotiabank)
- Kathleen Taylor (President and CEO of Four Seasons Hotels and Chair Designate of Royal Bank of Canada)
Schulich MBA : Class Profile
Schulich Canada takes a holistic approach during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed. Hence, it is imperative that students complement their profiles with a strong application that highlights their capabilities and strengths focusing on the aspect of how their addition to the program would benefit the cohort.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- GMAT or GRE score
- English Language Proficiency
- Minimum two years of relevant post-degree, full-time work experience or life experience
ADMITS IN 2018
ADMITS IN 2019
Connect with a Schulich expert
Understand How We can Help you 3X your Chances at York University with our Services
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Schulich MBA Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 June 5, 2020|
|Round 2 July 29, 2020|
|Round 3 September 10, 2020|
|Round 4 November 6, 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fee is $150.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 videos)
- GMAT or GRE score
- 2 Letters of recommendation
For international candidates, the committee also assesses:
Application Essays (Schulich MBA)
There are 3 types of essays in the Schulich MBA application process-written, timed written and video.
How will the Schulich MBA degree help you achieve your short and long-term career goals? (350 words)
Is there any other information or areas of concern in your academic or personal history that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your application? (350 words)
After the short questions, you will be required to submit a video answer and answer a 5min-timed question.
Here students would have to give answers to the questions asked by the interviewer and record two video essays. Once you are set up, you would have to use the unique link (provided by the school) to record two video essays and to complete a five-minute timed writing sample. Kindly note that these must be completed in one sitting, and you only get one chance to record your answer to each question.
Other application information
Candidates have to undergo an interview session as well in order to discuss their background, interests, goals and inspiration.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services