UBC Sauder MBAN Review
The Master of Business Analytics program offered at UBC Sauder school of business is a 12-month full-time program that offers much more than just technical know-how. It captures the full analytics spectrum, including data management and decision analytics.
Applying for MBAN at UBC Sauder?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
UBC Sauder MBAN Overview
The UBC MBAN provides students with quantitative backgrounds with sought-after analytical skills within a larger business environment in just twelve months. In today’s business world, their graduates will be able to utilise advanced analytical tools and approaches to addressing managerial difficulties. Candidates will earn 39 credits by taking data handling, data analytics, and decision analytics courses. In addition, all candidates will participate in a 6-credit, 4-month Analytics Consulting Internship with renowned firms to obtain real-world experience and hands-on business skills.
The Master of Business Analytics (MBAN) programme at UBC is about much more than technical knowledge. It covers all aspects of analytics, including data management, data analytics, and decision analytics. As a result, you’ll learn how to create strategic suggestions and data-driven business decisions, which is precisely what today’s cutting-edge businesses require.
MBAN program is designed to prepare students for a career in data analytics in the public or private sector. Deloitte, KPMG, CIBC, Air Canada, and a variety of other companies have hired recent grads.
After completing the programme, Data Analysts, Artificial Intelligence Consultants, and Revenue Management & Innovation managers are all standard job titles.
UBC Sauder MBAN Class profile
A Master of Business Analytics (MBAN) from the Robert H. Lee Graduate School at UBC Sauder School of Business will build on students’ quantitative backgrounds and prepare them to interpret large data sets into actionable business insights.
With an average class size of 50, there are almost 40% women students in the MBAN program at UBC Sauder School of Business.
Average Work Ex
UBC Sauder MBAN acceptance rate
Outstanding candidates will demonstrate exceptional leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal abilities. UBC Sauder is searching for people that can create and achieve goals, cope with difficult situations, communicate well, and are involved in the community.
With an acceptance rate of 6%, getting into UBC Sauder has become highly competitive.
Program and Curriculum of UBC SAUDER SCHOOL
Master of Business Analytics at UBC Sauder equips students with practical and highly sought-after skills. It will provide a sound understanding of the mathematics and statistics upon which advanced analytical methods are based and develop a deep understanding of business functions. Over the course of the program, students are equipped with problem-solving skills, communication skills, teamwork skills and social responsibility. In addition, a 4-month internship will help students gain real-world experience and hands-on business skills with leading organizations.
- Data Management for Business Analytics
- Business Analytics Programming
- Analyzing and Modelling Uncertainty
- Descriptive and Predictive Business Analytics
- Advanced Predictive Business Analytics
- Forecasting and Time Series Prediction
- Business Applications of Machine Learning
- Optimal Decision Making I
- Optimal Decision Making II
- Simulation Modeling I: Data Processing and Monte Carlo Simulation
- Simulation Modeling II: Queueing and Discrete Event Simulation
- Decision Analysis under uncertainty
- Process Fundamentals
- Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Foundations for Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Pricing Analytics
- Data-Driven Marketing
- Consulting Practices and Project Management
- Career Development Programming
- Business Immersion
- Strategic Management
A 4-month internship where you will consult on an analytical challenge faced by a partner company or non-profit organization.
Students can apply for two main internship streams: an analytics research project supervised by UBC Sauder’s renowned Centre for Operations Excellence or a traditional internship contributing to an analytics project onsite at a partner company in Vancouver.
UBC Sauder considers community life to be one of the cornerstones of the education it provides.
- INFORMS OR & Analytics Student Team Competition
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into UBC SAUDER School Of Business MBAN)
- Three or four-year Bachelor’s degree with a B+ average or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- 667 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test or 155 GRE score on both the verbal and quantitative sections.
- English proficiency
To apply to the MBAN program, all applicants (Canadian and International) pay the non-refundable CAD 145.75 fee before processing the application.
- Transcripts/degree certificates/translation letters of reference
- English Proficiency Exam (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, MELAB, CAEL)
- Applicant Photo
- Other (e.g. proof of name change)
UBC Sauder MBAN deadlines
|Scholarship||5 October 2021|
|Round 1||26 October 2021|
|Round 2||11 January 2022|
|Round 3||15 March 2022|
|Final Round||12 April 2022|
|Supporting document deadline||26 April 2022|
|Official documents deadline||30 June 2022|
UBC SAUDER Business School MBAN Employment
UBC Sauder provides career services throughout the journey. From day one, personal and professional development is woven throughout the program—from specific career services to embedded curriculum content, such as the Career Development course and tailored one-on-one coaching. In addition, it organizes networking events to help students make connections with a network of leaders around the world. Through these services, 91% of graduates are employed within 3 months of graduation.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Companies recruiting from UBC SAUDER MBAN
- Best Buy
- Air Canada
- Electronic Arts
- McKinsey & Company
UBC Sauder MBAN Alumni info
The UBC MBAN prepares applicants to become data-driven business leaders by providing them with sought-after analytical capabilities in a business setting. In addition, MBAN alumni from UBC may use advanced analytical tools and approaches to meet today’s business challenges. Note that UBC Sauder School of Business has a network of more than 40,000 alumni.
An active UBC Sauder alumni community may be found on practically every continent. They provide private art excursions in London, cryptocurrency seminars in Hong Kong, and Thanksgiving feasts for Canadians in San Francisco. They already have over 40,000 members, which means you’ll have access to over 40,000 prospective contacts to help you advance your career.
Some Famous Alumni
- Amy Chen, Business Analyst
- Vaishali Nirvan, Senior Analyst
- Haider Shah, Data Scientist, Microsoft
- Kemjika Ananba, Business Analyst
- Chen Chen, Data Analyst
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essays for UBC Sauder MBAN
The application for UBC Sauder School of Business includes one essay question for 500 words:
The UBC Sauder MBAN program prepares leaders who seek to create value for the world through thoughtful, data-driven solutions to complex problems. Describe a situation where you collected and analyzed data to solve a significant problem in an organization. How did you present your findings to get buy-in to your solution and initiate change? (500 Words)
Letter of Recommendation for UBC Sauder MBAN
The MBAN program at the UBC Sauder School of Business requires a minimum of two letters of recommendation. LOR questions for the UBC Sauder MBAN program include:
- How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate? (No word limit)
- If this is a work-related reference, tell us in what position was the candidate employed and for how much duration? (No word limit)
- What do you think are the candidate’s major strengths? (No word limit)
- What do you consider the candidate’s weaknesses or areas that need improvement? (No word limit)
Interview Questions for UBC Sauder MBAN
Here are some questions that you should consider while preparing for the interview-
- What can you tell me about yourself?
- Could you walk me through your CV?
- Why pursue an MBAN? Why did you choose the UBC Sauder School of Business as your school?
- Why do an MBAN and not MBA? Why pursue an MBAN degree at this point in your career?
- What are your immediate and long-term objectives?
- What is your plan B (or backup plan) in the event that investment banking/consulting does not pan out?
- What are your main assets? Could you please provide some examples?
- What is your most significant flaw? Could you please provide some examples?
- What value can you bring to the cohort/class?
- Why should we consider you?
- Is there a reason why shouldn’t we choose you for this program?
- What do you think is your most crucial accomplishment to date?
- Provide an example of a time when you were in a team, and there was a conflict. How did you deal with that?
- Tell me about a situation when you failed to meet a client’s expectations. What happened, and how did you make things right?
What makes UBC Sauder MBAN unique?
- All students participate in a four-month internship where they apply their technical knowledge in a real-world setting. You will get hands-on consulting experience and contribute to a company’s success by working with UBC Sauder’s Centre for Operations Excellence or directly with our world-class academics.
- COE has long-standing relationships with leading organisations, allowing UBC MBAN applicants to make use of its extensive network of industry partners and specialists.
- The COE was also named the recipient of the prestigious UPS George D. Smith Prize, the premier international award honouring outstanding operations research programmes that link industry and higher academia.
- In 2019, Reuters identified UBC as one of Canada’s “most innovative universities.”
- UBC has invested more than $1.5 billion in infrastructure and facilities in the last five years.
- In its “World University Rankings 2020,” Times Higher Education named UBC the most international university in North America.
- UBC has routinely been ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world for research and teaching.
- UBC is committed to your success and offers a variety of professional development and career courses throughout your programme.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is UBC Sauder a viable option?
Over 5,000 people apply to UBC Commerce (Sauder BComm), but only about 800 slots are available for the incoming class. Therefore, it is one of Canada’s most competitive programmes.
Is Sauder Business School a good school?
In 2020, Maclean’s Magazine named UBC Sauder the best business school in Canada. QS Global MBA Rankings 2020 placed their MBA programme #7 in Canada. In the QS World University Rankings 2020, their Master of Management programme was ranked first in Canada.
Is Sauder well-known?
UBC Sauder is the sole Canadian member of the famous Global Network for Advanced Management, which is led by the Yale School of Management and includes over 30 premier business schools.
Is Business Analysis Going Extinct?
The answer to this question is no; the business analyst profession is not on its way out. On the contrary, a wide range of firms around the world continue to hunt and employ business analyst positions.
Will AI take the position of a business analyst?
Human intervention will be used in the system to provide a better machine learning experience based on high-quality data, allowing AI to make better decisions. As a result, AI is a godsend to Business Analysts, allowing them to harness and strengthen decision-making capabilities.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services