UBC SAUDER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Master of Business Analytics
UBC Sauder MBAN Overview
Master of Business Analytics program offered at UBC Sauder school of business is a 12-month full-time program that offers much more than just technical know-how. It captures the full analytics spectrum, including data management, data analytics, and decision analytics. provides candidates with quantitative backgrounds sought-after analytical skills within a broader business context. The graduates will be able to apply advanced analytical tools and methods to address management challenges in today’s business world.
UBC MBAN Highlights
|QS World Rankings||2|
Want to know your chances at UBC Sauder?
Program and Curriculum
Master of Business Analytics at UBC Sauder equip students with practical and extremely sought-after skills. It will provide sound understanding of the mathematics and statistics upon which advanced analytical methods are based and develop a deep understanding of business functions. Over the course of the program, students are equipped with problem solving skills, communication skills, teamwork skills and social responsibility. A 4-month internship will help students gain real world experience and hands-on business skills with leading organizations.
- Data Management for Business Analytics
- Business Analytics Programming
- Analyzing and Modelling Uncertainty
- Descriptive and Predictive Business Analytics
- Advanced Predictive Business Analytics
- Forecasting and Time Series Prediction
- Business Applications of Machine Learning
- Optimal Decision Making I
- Optimal Decision Making II
- Simulation Modeling I: Data Processing and Monte Carlo Simulation
- Simulation Modeling II: Queueing and Discrete Event Simulation
- Decision Analysis under uncertainty
- Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Foundations for Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Pricing Analytics
- Data Driven Marketing
- Consulting Practices and Project Management
- Career Development Programming
- Business Immersion
- Strategic Management
4-month internship where you will consult on an analytical challenge faced by a partner company or non-profit organization.
There are two main internship streams that students can apply for: an analytics research project supervised by UBC Sauder’s renowned Centre for Operations Excellence or a traditional internship contributing to an analytics project onsite at a partner company in Vancouver.
UBC Sauder considers community life to be one of the cornerstones of the education it provides.
- INFORMS OR & Analytics Student Team Competition
UBC Sauder provides career services throughout the journey. From day one, personal and professional development is woven throughout the program—from specific career services to embedded curriculum content, such as the Career Development course and tailored one-on-one coaching. It organizes networking events to help students make connections with a network of leaders around the world. Through these services, 91% graduates are emplyed within 3 months of graduation.
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
- Manufacturing/ Construction
Companies recruiting from UBC Sauder MBAN
- Best Buy
- Air Canada
- Electronic Arts
- McKinsey & Company
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Master of Business Analytics : Class Profile
Average Work Experience
- Three or four-year Bachelor’s degree with a B+ average, or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- 550 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test or 155 GRE score on both the verbal and quantitative sections.
- English proficiency
ADMITS IN 2018
ADMITS IN 2019
Connect with a UBC expert
Understand How We can Help you 3X your Chances at UBC Sauder with our Services
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Master of Business Analytics Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 30th October 2019|
|Round 2 17th March 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
To apply to the MBAN program, all applicants (Canadian and International) pay the non-refundable $145.75 CAD fee prior to the application being processed.
- Transcripts/degree certificates/translationLetters of reference
- English Proficiency Exam (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, MELAB, CAEL)
- Applicant Photo
- Other (eg. proof of name change)
The UBC Sauder School of Business application comprises of 2 short essays, 1 long essay and 1 video essay. This allows the Admissions Committee to learn more about you. Please answer them concisely. Each written answer CANNOT be more than the specified word limit. Only words within the limit will be read for admission purposes. So make sure your essays are top-notch.
What motivates you to pursue an MBAN at this time? (200 Words)
In your own words, describe how analytics in a business context differs from pure data science. (200 words)
The UBC MBAN program prepares leaders who seek to create value for the world through thoughtful, data-driven solutions to difficult problems. Describe a situation where you collected and/or analyzed data to solve a significant problem in an organization. How did you present your findings to get buy-in to your solution and initiate change? (500 Words)
What is the best advice you have received and how have you used it in your life or career? (60-90 seconds)
Please respond to the following question, in video format and upload it to either YouTube or Vimeo and provide the video’s URL in the space provided. While creativity is encouraged, kindly note that it is mandatory for you to appear in the video.
There are various scholarships available for both domestic and international applicants. To qualify for the scholarships, you will need to meet the merit requirements and apply by the UBC MBAN application deadlines outlined below. All candidates are automatically considered for the following scholarships upon application submission, so we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services