Washington University Olin MBA Review
Applying for MBA at Olin?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Washington University Olin MBA Introduction
AMA, AACSB, & EQUIS
WashU MBA program is a two-year full-time program which offers to build your leadership and entrepreneurship skills. The program provides you with the opportunity to have a Global immersion experience in destinations such as Barcelona, Paris and Lima. The two-year program with its curriculum transforms you to become a new kind of leader with an entrepreneurial mindset. The career platforms of the university provide you with guidance and preparation for achieving your goals. The university’s campus is also an attraction with its surrounding museums, performance venues, vibrant entertainment and dining districts, one of the nation’s largest civic parks, and beautiful, tree-lined neighbourhoods rich in history and diversity. Let’s go in detail about the Olin MBA.
Olin MBA Class Profile
The Washington University Olin MBA gives you the opportunity to be surrounded by business-minded individuals from various cultural and social backgrounds. The MBA classes of Washington University Olin consist of both men and women belonging to various ethnicities, cultures, and disciplines from around the globe. All these convergence of innovative ideas will add to your personality as well as enhance your business acumen.
Average Work Ex
Olin MBA Acceptance Rate
According to forbes.com, the acceptance rate of Washington University Olin MBA is 33%. It means that out of 1000 applicants, the school only short-lists about 330 applicants. However, your chances of getting into the do not depend on this acceptance rate. There is no hard and fast rule that the school would only accept 33% of applicants. If the school finds all the applications remarkable, all the students stand a chance to get in. So, instead of worrying about the acceptance rate, you should focus on putting together an excellent application. For this purpose, it is suggested that you take an expert’s opinion. We have many experts who will help you make your application intact.
Acceptance rate – 33%
Program and Curriculum of Washington University Olin MBA
The WashU MBA program will help broaden your perspective and will provide you with hands-on experience with international business practices. The program’s curriculum helps to provide a foundational understanding of how business is inherently global. The WashU MBA starts with foundational studies in the values-based, data-driven decision-making that underpins your entire program. Also, the program provides a global spanning tour for 5 weeks with a real business world experience on your hands. The full-time MBA program includes a core curriculum and electives, plus six weeks of global studies to gain a better understanding of the context in which businesses operate and how they adapt to these differences. There is a total of Fifty-four credits including core courses and electives.
Summer 1 Semester
- Values-Based, Data-Driven Decision-Making
- Global Institution and Values
- Foundations of Impactful Teamwork
- General Management Practice for International Business
- Business Models in a Global Context
- Implementing Strategy Through Global Operations
- Elective Communication for Business Leaders
Fall 1 Semester
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Management & Strategy
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Platform Industry Seminars
Spring 1 Semester
- Strategic Cost Analysis
- Data Analytics for Business Leaders
- Elective Courses
Fall 2 Semester
- Leadership Development
Spring 2 Semester
- Global Business Environment in the 21st Century
More than 30 graduate student groups of Washington University Olin provide you with the option to select a club that can help you enhance your platform experience or explore new interests. These clubs represent a wide variety of talents, disciplines, and interests. You will discover an organisation that connects with your area of interest, your passion for anything from community service to student government, marketing, and entrepreneurship. Participating in these clubs and interacting with various student bodies will increase your business acumen as well as your global perspective.
Here is the list of Clubs/ Student Associations at Washington University Olin:
- Olin Technology Club
- Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Association
- Graduate Business Student Association
- Greater China Club
- Healthcare & Life Sciences Club
- Net Impact
- Olin Africa Business Club
- Olin Branch Out
- Olin Cares
- Quantitative Finance Club
- Wealth & Asset Management Club
- Olin Sports, Media and Entertainment Club
- Olin Finance Club
- Olin India Club
- Olin East and Southeast Asia Club
- Olin Latin American Business Association
- Olin Marketing Association
- Olin Real Estate Club
- Olin Strategy and Consulting Association
- Olin Supply Chain and Operations Association
- Olin Wine Club
- Olin Women in Business
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into Washington University Olin MBA)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 or more years of work experience
Document Related to the Application
- One-page résumé
- Two required essays (one optional)
- Standardized test scores –
- Either TOEFL or IELTS are acceptable
- Academic transcripts (unofficial) – The Admissions Committee of Washington University Olin MBA accepts unofficial copies of test scores and transcripts as these are for the sole purpose of making an informed decision about your admittance.
- Application Interview video – As part of the application process for the Washington University Olin MBA programme, applicants must submit a video interview.
- One professional recommendation – In the application, you need to submit the name and email address of your professional referee who will get an email from the university about the recommendation to be completed.
Washington University Olin MBA Deadlines
One of the most significant components of the application is the deadline. It should always be regarded before enrolling on the programme to ensure that you have all of the relevant documentation ready. After finishing the application, you will only be able to visit the platform again to submit the application’s needed papers.
It is recommended that you keep your application documents intact for at least a week before the deadline. It is not advisable to submit your application at the final minute. So, to avoid the last-minute rush, submit it at least two days before the deadline.
|1st Deadline||19 OCTOBER, 2022|
|2nd Deadline||25 JANUARY, 2023|
|3rd Deadline||24 MARCH, 2023|
Washington University Olin MBA Employment/Placement
Olin Business school provides you with five career platforms which will help you focus your studies to gain expertise. The co-curricular activities, alumni networking and job search strategies will help you to find the kind of job which suits you. The career platform helps you in preparing for your interviews with recruiters for internships as well as full-time employment. WashU MBA develops you into a great leader with business skills. Around 81% of the students were given placements due to their good performance in their interviews and their global experience in working.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Washington University Olin MBA Graduates
Washington University Olin MBA graduates are able to work in a range of businesses. Consequently, these exceptional graduates work in a variety of fields throughout the world, including, 22% in consulting, 25% in finance, 22% in Marketing, and so on. There is at least one Washington University Olin MBA graduate working in an organisation with the most prestigious talents learned during their post-graduation and substantial expertise in every industry. Furthermore, the extensive alumni network greatly aids in job placement.
Companies recruiting from Washington University Olin MBA
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Capital One Financial
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Discover Financial Services
- The Capital Group Companies Inc.
- Amazon Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Dell Inc
- World Wide Technology
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Ascension Health
- BJC HealthCare
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- CVS Health
- Sling Health
Olin MBA Alumni Info
Alumni network of Washington University connects you to all the graduated students. They frequently visit campus to speak in classes, conduct mock interviews and serve as program panelists to help you prepare for your interviews. Alumni networks help you to get mentors who will share-valuable insights of the business field. Engaging in conversations with these brilliant people who have achieved great success will be beneficial for you in not one way but in many.
Some Famous Alumni
- Annicka Webster- Management Consultant of Accenture
- John H. Biggs – former CEO of TIAA-CREF
- Caitlin Malone- Senior Consultant, IBM
- Lauren Herring CEO of IMPACT Group
- Steve Fossett – options trader, balloonist, and adventurer
- Sam Fox – founder, chairman, CEO, and owner of Harbour Group Industries
- Jack C. Taylor – founder of Enterprise Rent-A-Car; no. 14 on Forbes 400 Richest Americans in 2006
- Edward Mueller – president and CEO of Qwest Communications
- Avram Glazer – Chairman of Manchester United
- William Shaw – president and COO of Marriott International Inc.
- David Peacock – president of Anheuser-Busch
- Jim Weddle – managing partner at Edward Jones Investments
- John B. Whyte – Developer of Fire Island Pines, New York
- George Zimmer – founder of Men’s Wearhouse
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Olin MBA
Two required essays (one optional):
Share with us one of your strongest values. Help us understand how that value connects to your career aspirations. Please include the following in your response: Target function and/or industry; Desired company or organization; Skills you will need to develop; Necessary connections and/or experiences (350-500 word maximum)
The confidence to operate beyond one’s comfort zone is grounded in understanding who you are, what you value and how you uniquely contribute. Share your story. Describe who you are and the impact you wish to have. (350-500 word maximum)
Optional: Is there anything else you would like to share? If so, please provide any additional information not previously addressed in the application that would help the admissions committee assess your candidacy. (250-word maximum)
Letter of Recommendation for Olin MBA
You are required to submit one professional Letter of recommendation. For this, there are certain questions that are to be answered by your professional referee.
- Describe your relationship to the applicant.
- Describe any abilities or interpersonal skills which make this applicant effective in the work or academic environment. Provide specific examples where you have observed these skills demonstrated.
- Share any unique characteristics this applicant demonstrates in comparison to other professionals you have encountered.
- Speak to how this applicant’s qualifications or attributes support him/her in participating in a rigorous, team-based environment.
- Briefly describe this applicant’s potential for career advancement
- Do you have any other additional comments you would like to bring to the attention of the admissions committee regarding this applicant?
Interview Questions for Olin MBA
In most MBA programs, after getting short-listed and before getting the letter of acceptance some students are called for a face to face interview depending on the university’s discretion. The interview could be via the internet or in person, however, these days universities prefer the virtual option. Through these interviews, the universities basically need to ensure what your application reflects makes sense.
Here are some Kira Interview questions that you might need to practice beforehand-
Q: Please introduce yourself
Q: What are your major strengths and weaknesses?
Q: What are your short term and long term goals?
Q: What’s your plan B in case your career plans don’t work out?
Q: How do you plan to use the resources of the school?
Q: What has been your biggest obstacle so far and how have you conquered it?
What makes Olin MBA Unique
Here are a few facts about Olin School of Business that makes it unique-
- It offers students the flexibility to customise their own program by providing various electives to choose from.
- ESADE is famous for teaching Critical thinking and leadership skills to its students
- According to Financial Times Rankings it is among the top #21 Global MBA
- ESADE has maintained its position for 60 years
- Fact- ESADE stands for Escola Superior d’Administració i Direcció d’Empreses
To better comprehend the cultural settings in which organisations operate and how to adjust to these variations, Olin’s full-time MBA courses of 90 to 100 students complete 67 credits of core coursework and electives, including six weeks of a global study on three continents. The program’s highlight is its worldwide immersion, which establishes WashU Olin’s ideals, offers a perspective on international commerce, and fosters student relationships.
They train students to make tough choices with consideration—decisions that have the potential to positively impact the world. Their four pillars of excellence, incorporated into all of our programmes, serve as the cornerstone of education at WashU Olin. These pillars—values-based, data-driven, global perspective, experiential learning, and entrepreneurial spirit—equip students to lead in a connected, rapidly changing environment.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is Olin MBA good?
According to recent reports, Washington University Olin MBA is ranked #1 when it comes to entrepreneurship. So the answer is yes, Olin MBA is good.
Is Olin MBA stem designated?
Yes, recently in April 2021, the Olin MBA has inculcated STEM-designed MBA as an option
Is Olin Business School Competitive?
Yes, the school is competitive. However, the competition is such that would only motivate you to push your boundaries. So, if you are a person who strives in competition, you will achieve great heights through this program.
What is Olin Business school known for?
The Olin Business school is best known for its unique MBA curriculum, especially when in the world of entrepreneurship.
What is Washington acceptance rate?
The acceptance rate for Washington University Olin MBA is 33%.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services