UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
MSc in Management
Applying for UCD?
Know how we can increase your Chances by 300%
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School Introduction
Have you heard about the UCL MSc in management? Do you want to be a member of a successful UCD team? This blog contains the University College of London MSc in management review. The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, referred to as UCD, is a leading multidisciplinary University which consistently ranks under the top 100 Global Finacial Times rankings. Especially, Graduate and doctoral students come from all over the world to learn about business and perform extensive research in related subjects. The school has produced successful Conor McGann – Senior Account Manager (Sales) at Google Conor Breen – Jameson Brand Development Executive Pernod Ricard Vivian Pucher – Associate Account Strategist Google, thanks to its outstanding education. The admission process has few requirements like having a strong mathematical or quantitative skill. Let’s find out more about UCD MIM (MSc in Management).
UCD Smurfit MSc in Management Overview
The comprehensive full-time UCD Smurfit MSc in management program is tailored for graduates with a non-business degree. It is designed to give a solid business and instill key management skills in its graduates. Further, it focuses on fostering creativity, analytical and team-work skills.
What does the school say about the MSc in management?
“On successful completion of this course, graduates should be well placed to begin their career within any organisational or business context.”
UCD Smurfit MSc Highlights
UCL alumni network
Program and Curriculum of UCD MIM
Facilitated by internationally educated academics and industry experts, with UCD Smurfit MSc program, you will gain a conceptual understanding of management concepts as well as business models. You will develop your analytical skills to strategize, and solve real business-world problems. Further, your personal and professional growth would be encouraged through a range of group and extracurricular activities.
- Business and Financial Environments
- Accounting Information for Managers
- Marketing Management
- Developing Cultural Competence
- Managing Group and Organisational Cultures
- Business Information Systems Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Corporate Finance
- Business Simulation
- Global Strategic Management
- Business and Society
- Aspire Scholarships
- Bord Bia Scholarships
- China MSc Merit Based Scholarships
- Michael Smurfit MSc Scholarships
- MSc Aviation Finance Scholarship
- MSc in Business Analytics Derek O’Connor Scholarship sponsored by Next Generation Recruitment
- MSc Merit Based Scholarships for International Students
- MSc Merit Based Scholarships for non-UCD Students / Graduates
- MSc Merit Based Scholarships for UCD Final Year Students
- MSc Merit Based Scholarships open to Vietnamese students
- Norman C. T. Liu Aviation Scholarship
- Returning Study Abroad UCD Scholarship
- UCD Sports Graduate Scholarship Programme
- Vietnam – Irish Aid IDEAS Programme – Irish Government Scholarship
With over 70 student societies, UCD has something for everyone. It can be great way to pursue hobbies, make friends, try something new or just have fun.
Here are some of the student societies:
- Actuarial & Financial
- Belfield FM
- Commerce & Economics
- Film & Video
- Harry Potter
- International Students
- Socialist Worker
- UCD Disability, Inclusion & Awareness Society
UCD sports clubs are at the center of student sport at the University and provide a huge range of opportunities to train, play and compete in the sport, no matter what your passion, ability or level.
Here are some of the clubs:
- Kick-Boxing (Lau Gar)
- Pool & Snooker
- Swimming & Waterpolo
- Table Tennis
- Ultimate Frisbee
UCD addresses the challenges and opportunities shaping the future of the world through its research for which it has a number of focused research groupings.
- Applied Research for Connected HealthApplied Research for Connected Health
- CBA: The Centre for Business Analytics
- Centre for Financial Markets
- CITO: The Centre for Innovation, Technology & Organisation
- ERC Project – European Union Jean Monnet Chair
- Financial Mathematics Computation Cluster
- Natural Computing and Research Applications Group UCD Centre for Corporate Governance
- UCD Cantillon Research Centre
- Centre for Business and Society (CeBaS)
89% of UCD MiM (MSc in management) graduates get placed within 3 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
Top 3 Sectors
Top Companies recruiting from UCD MIM
- Ernst & Young
- JP Morgan
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ £1,985|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– £4,500|
|Average Salary||£68,400 |
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earnings)||3.68 years|
UCD Smurfit Alumni Info
UCD Smurfit MSc‘s global alumni network has over 70,000 graduates spread over 100 countries. UCD MIM actively promotes networking among its alumni network members through various reunions and events to create mutually beneficial and lifelong business relationships.
Some Famous Alumni of UCD Smurfit MSc
- Conor McGann – Senior Account Manager (Sales) at Google
- Conor Breen – Jameson Brand Development Executive Pernod Ricard
- Vivian Pucher – Associate Account Strategist Google
Useful Information about UCD Smurfit MSc
MiM of UCD is considered one of the most prolific business courses in the world. with its learned scholars and professionals, batch of quality business leaders of tomorrow are graduated. Every year it raises its bar for admission as it thrives on best of best applicants for its management programme.
- Have a minimum second-class honors degree or its equivalent.
- Applications are invited from graduates with non-business primary degrees who want to pursue a career in business.
- Graduates who don’t have English as their first language require an English language qualification.
AMBA, AASCB, & EQUIS
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
The first step is to collate the required documentation needed to assess your application. Please ensure that you have clearly scanned, titled and collated your documents in numerical order.
- Online application form of UCD Smurfit MSc
- Application Essays:2 essays
- One page CV
- 2 Letter of recommendations: One academic & One professional
- A copy of college transcript
- IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, Cambridge CPE, Trinity ISE IV or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee of €50
The UCD Smurfit MiM application comprises of 2 essays. UCD Smurfit MSc takes its essays quite seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So, make sure your essays are top notch.
Please state your reasons for wishing to undertake this programme? Ideally, how would you like to see your career develop over the next 5 years? (300 words)
We receive a large number of applications for limited places, please state why you should be selected above other applicants? (300 words)
FAQ No- 1 Is UCD MIM good?
The UCD MiM programme is regarded as one of the most popular business programmes in the world. A new batch of outstanding business executives is graduating, thanks to the university’s learned scholars and professionals. It raises the admissions hurdle every year since it thrives on the best of the best applicants for its management programme.
FAQ No- 2 Does UCD require GMAT?
Subject to individual application, candidates may be invited to take the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). Candidates with an Honours 2.1 primary degree and three years of relevant job experience in the aviation industry will also be considered.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services
Other schools you can check
Imperial College Business School
Imperial College Business School Ranks 2nd in the UK and 15th in the world. The MSc Management program is an intensive, full-time, one-year program that prepares graduates coming from diverse academic…
London School of Economics and Political Science
The LSE MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at LSE and understand if it would be the correct choice for them.
University College London
UCL is a world-class business school in central London. It has been ranked amongst the top-notch B-schools in Europe and its MSc Finance program is an internationally known master’s program, bringing together expert lectures and brilliant minds.